9 Best Real Estate Investment Software Tools and Apps Compared
Real Estate Bees’ editorial team asked a number of industry-leading real estate investors to share their expertise on the best real estate investing software and apps to help our readers make a more educated purchase decision when researching available solutions.
With the help of the experts, we identified the best property investment software tools and evaluated them based on critical factors that are important for real estate investors. Visiting retailers of the listed products by clicking links within our content may earn us commissions from your purchases, but we never receive any compensation for the inclusion of products and/or services in our consumer guides. Read our editorial guidelines to learn more about our review and rating process.
REB Leads — Best for Lead Generation
REB Leads is an online tool by Real Estate Bees for real estate wholesalers, home flippers, and landlords. It provides highly-converting motivated seller leads at affordable rates.
Despite the low cost, the leads are of high quality. As the company is a relatively new player in the market, the low rates are a way to acquire users and gain popularity.
The tool works on a subscription basis, and the number of subscribers is limited to 100. Check if there are free spots available at the moment.
- 20 motivated seller leads monthly
- Access to inner circle groups on LinkedIn and Facebook
- 24/7 email support
- Free publicity (PR) program providing opportunities to get mentions in popular media publications
- Priority access to becoming an expert web content contributor for Real Estate Bees
REB Leads offers two plans: 6-month subscription ($397/month) and 12-month subscription ($247/month).
Considering the 20 leads per month guarantee, if you calculate the price per lead, you will get $20 and $12.50 for each subscription plan, respectively.
Additionally, the REB Leads refund policy allows you to get compensation for bad leads.
Baselane — Best for Landlord Accounting
Baselane is a financial platform for landlords and real estate investors that provides accounting, bookkeeping, insurance, loan, and banking services (provided by Blue Ridge Bank).
Baselane allows you to have all of your property banking and finances on a single platform, managed with a user-friendly interface.
The only con with Baselane is that they do not have a mobile app at the moment.
- Landlord banking: Baselane states explicitly on its website that the company is “a financial technology company and not a bank.” They, however, offer opening a bank account for real estate investors through Blue Ridge Bank in Luray, Virginia. There are no fees involved, and they offer high yields on all balances and up to 5% cash back on debit card spending. Other perks include virtual debit cards and easy ACH payments. Users can add different banking cards to track their expenses easily.
- Rent collection: Baselane helps landlords automate the rent collection process. Landlords can invite their tenants to register on the platform and get paid automatically when due. Tenants get reminders and are allowed to pay through their preferred payment method.
- Accounting and bookkeeping tools for landlords and property managers, reporting and analytics: Baselane also provides expense and revenue tracking, as well as property insights to help landlords manage their properties as efficiently as possible. All revenue and expenses are presented in a chart month-over-month for total cash flow control. The integration with PlaidTM helps you create a single ledger to consolidate all your transactions and keep your finances organized.
Baselane is completely free, with no hidden charges. All services, from banking to rent collection, are provided by Baselane for free.
The company makes money through the financial services they offer. However, the company has plans to introduce premium features in the future.
TurboTenant — Best for Property Management
TurboTenant refers to itself as a “DIY landlord’s one-stop shop.”
The platform was created in 2015 and currently helps over 400,000 landlords manage their properties.
Their service is designed to optimize the rental process from start to finish, including finding tenants and collecting rent.
TurboTenant provides tenant screening, advertising, leasing, accounting, and rent payment services. It enables independent landlords to manage their properties efficiently and profitably.
TurboTenant includes a real-time dashboard that allows landlords access to all the information they need in one place.
A few cons of TurboTenant are that it does not support outgoing payments to vendors and lacks maintenance request tracking.
- Tenant screening tool for landlords: TurboTenant makes it easy to perform credit and criminal background checks on your potential tenants. It also provides eviction reports to help you decide if they are right for your property. TurboTenant integrates with TransUnion which allows comprehensive credit background checks to be conducted easily, with just the prospective tenant’s email.
- Rental property management tools for landlords: Landlords can communicate with their tenants through TurboTenant’s messaging portal. Sent and received messages are stored in the same place, making it easier to track and refer to. The portal also provides storage for relevant documents that can either be kept private or shared with tenants.
- Advertising: TurboTenant also makes property advertising and marketing easier for landlords. Messages from leads appear in TurboTenant. Additionally, the rental advertising feature offers professional flyers as well as an easy Craigslist posting option.
- Applicant management: With TurboTenant, you can send a pre-screener questionnaire automatically to prospective tenants, so you can focus on those most likely to rent. The questions can be customized and include standard information for tenant screening. TurboTenant will send you an email notification when a questionnaire has been completed. Also, landlords can send and receive rental applications through the TurboTenant platform.
- Landlord rent collection app: TurboPay allows you to collect rent electronically from your tenants. These can either be one-time payments or automated monthly transfers. You can also keep track of payments and set up automatic late fees.
TurboTenant is a completely free real estate investing software. It does include a Premium plan with added features, but most users can get by with the free plan. As part of the free plan, you will be able to manage an unlimited number of properties, track expenses, screen tenants, and manage leads for no charge.
The Premium plan is priced at $4.92 per month ($59 annually). It includes the ability to connect an unlimited number of bank accounts and offers add-ons such as e-signatures and lease addendums for free.
REISkip — Best for Real Estate Skip Tracing
REISkip provides investors and realtors with property data and financial insights to help them identify and target better leads.
With REISkip’s proprietary real estate skip trace technology, you get accurate contacts, including phone numbers, email addresses, and social media handles, all at an affordable price.
It also integrates with REIRail and Podio to provide a more holistic experience for users.
- Accurate data: REISkip is skip tracing software for real estate investors that helps you find property owners who might be motivated sellers accurately and in as short a time as possible. REISkip collects data from different sources to improve the validity of the skip tracing results. With the actual contact information of homeowners in hand, you are better positioned to close more deals and grow your business.
- Skip trace triangulation: REISkip leverages machine learning, vast data banks, and deep web search to get you the information you need. Users consistently see 85-90% of their leads matched with phone numbers. REISkip ensures that only the most relevant matches are selected for you.
- Social skipping: In addition to phone numbers and email addresses, REISkip also sources social handles for your prospects. The feature isn’t offered by any other REI app at the moment.
- DNC scrubbing: REISkip automatically scrubs your lists for numbers on the DNC list. This allows you to avoid adding to your real estate investor dialer numbers that are part of the National Do Not Call (DNC) Registry.
- REISkip 2.0: The new and improved software comes with a fresh interface and the incredibly useful feature to carry out individual skip traces on property owners of a single, specific property. The results can be organized in lists for easy access and reference.
- List management: REISkip makes it easy to organize and arrange your contacts in lists, according to the factors they share in common such as location, condition, price, vacancy, and so on. Segmenting your contacts into groups will help you decide on the best approach when you finally decide to talk to those contacts.
REISkip’s pricing is simple and affordable, compared to its competitors. Bulk skips are priced at $0.15 per match (with a minimum of 50 matches), while the volume plan is priced at $0.15 per match (with a minimum of 1,001 matches).
REIRail — Best Driving for Dollars App
REIRail is an amazing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform with many features. It offers call tracking, skip tracing, SMS marketing campaigns, and lead pages, among many others.
REIRail Drive is the one of the best driving for dollars apps you can find anywhere. It is available on mobile devices, both Android and iOS.
The app allows you to track your route so that you know exactly where you or your team have been. It also shows information about homes around you.
You can even refine your search with property filters and have the app show you only houses that match your exact criteria.
Being one of the best CRM for real estate wholesalers and investors, REIRail uses its patented “Deep Trace” technology to let you know who is calling when your phone rings.
This provides you with enough information to personalize your interactions and turn your cold leads into warm leads.
- Deal Desk: REIRail’s mobile app includes a DealDesk feature that allows you to analyze different properties, check comps, develop effective exit strategies, and evaluate whether you’re getting a good deal. It also provides you with a virtual, live Deal Desk mentor to walk you through some important steps in investing in a rental property.
- Skip tracing: REIRail offers a powerful skip tracing engine that fetches information about the owners of distressed and vacant properties you’re interested in. The engine can access data from different real estate listing platforms and can provide you with the information you need.
- Leadpage Builder: REIRail includes a landing page builder that can be set up in minutes, allowing you to run campaigns and generate lead capture forms easily. You either start with a template or work with the drag-and-drop builder to create the landing page you want, similarly to some of the real estate investor website template platforms.
- Deep Trace: REIRail’s proprietary Deep Trace technology provides you with deep insights about a caller, including their properties, before the phone even rings. This gives you an edge over the competition and puts you in a better position to get a great deal on a property.
- Text message marketing for real estate investors: REIRail also facilitates bulk SMS campaigns. You can send personalized bulk SMS messages to your leads at the click of a button, by taking advantage of REIRail’s TCPA-compliant, bulk SMS system.
REIRail has three pricing plans: a mobile-only plan (that only offers access to the mobile app and is priced at $49/month), a Basic plan (priced at $129/month), and a Pro plan (priced at $249/month).
The setup fee is currently not being charged, so it is free to set up an account.
Podio — Best Real Estate Investor CRM
Citrix’s Podio is a free CRM software for real estate investors dedicated to real estate investing.
It is easily customizable and features can be added or removed with the drag-and-drop builder. Tasks can be moved between phases easily and seamlessly.
Real estate investors and other kinds of businesses will find Podio’s interface and other features very helpful.
Podio is built for collaboration. Sharing and collaboration between teams is facilitated through a transparent work structure.
Podio works in any web browser and also has Android and iPhone apps for ease of access and flexibility of use.
It integrates with Google Workspace, Excel, Dropbox, Slack, and others to expand functionality.
- Team collaboration: Podio enables you to collaborate and share data to ensure that your real estate team is always armed with up-to-date information about your leads and customers. Communication is carried out in real time, and viewings or meetings can be scheduled in advance without conflicts with any of the team members’ calendars. You can also set reminders to help you keep track of upcoming events.
- Lead management: Podio streamlines your real estate investor lead generation process. Contact details of real estate leads are recorded and kept in one place. You can reach out to motivated sellers directly from the CRM via email, call, or chat. Listings can also be arranged and kept in a single place, together with other pertinent information such as photos, prices, contact details, maps, etc. Listings can also be linked to prospective buyers for a simplified overview.
- Web forms. Podio also provides web forms that can be very helpful for managing applicants, screening tenants, and motivated seller lead generation. Responses are recorded in Podio and are always available for future reference.
- Workflow automation: This feature is only available to Plus and Premium users. Automated workflows are a kind of “if this, then that” arrangement where you have a conditional action that starts immediately after a certain trigger. This leads to smoother workflow between your team members as a closed deal instantly triggers a scheduled follow-up at a later time. This automatic scheduling ensures that your team has more time to concentrate on what matters.
Podio started out as a free CRM, and they still offer a free plan. There are also different tiers of paid plans (Basic, Plus, and Premium).
The free plan is capped at five users and offers minimal features. Basic ($9/month) includes unlimited items and user management, while Plus ($14/month) and Premium ($24/month) add on automated workflows and interactive sales dashboards, respectively.
SyndicationPro is an efficient fundraising platform that offers investment and investor management, all in one place.
It helps syndicators find real estate investors and investors find syndication deals.
SyndicationPro was built for real estate investors by real estate sponsors. It offers an SEC-compliant CRM for real estate syndications and uses ACH payments to disburse investor earnings.
It also provides white-label options that ensure that it is your company’s logo and colors displayed on the platform.
- Investor CRM: The real estate investor customer relationship management software (CRM) presents a detailed view of every email sent to your real estate investors, all their reservations and investments, and your personal notes. All this information is centralized and available to you and your investors with a few clicks. You can send personalized mass emails to your contacts, based on the stage in the fundraising funnel they are in.
- Fundraising automation: SyndicationPro allows you to identify serious investors and move forward with them as quickly as possible. You can use the digital PPMs feature to show investors and take advantage of the eSign functionality to configure a contract arrangement that works for all parties.
- Investor portal: Syndication Pro’s portal promises an intuitive and effortless experience for your investors. Through the portal, investors can view their portfolio and essential documents, and invest with multiple profiles. They also gain access to updates about their investments and earnings. SyndicationPro provides syndicators with access to crucial information through a secure, centralized platform.
SyndicationPro doesn’t have a table of pricing ranges on their website. Potential users should get a quote based on their project.
DealCheck — Best for Investment Property Analysis
DealCheck is online software for property analysis that helps you find the most profitable real estate to invest in.
This is one of the best apps for real estate wholesalers and investors for analyzing comparable properties in the area and giving you an estimate of the cash flow.
The DealCheck app also has a handy tool that helps you estimate your cash flow based on how much rent it takes to cover the mortgage and other expenses (like maintenance).
The offer calculator can help you determine the highest price to offer for a property.
- Property analysis: DealCheck offers detailed property analysis for rentals, BRRRRs, flips, multifamily, commercial buildings, and short term rentals. You can calculate key metrics such as operating income, cap rates, internal rate of return, cash-on-cash return, return on investment, and so on.
- Cash flow and profit projections: DealCheck uses comps to determine long-term cash flow for rentals and BRRRRs, and profit projections for flips.
- Offer calculator: This helps you decide the maximum allowable offer for a property. Without a max allowable offer, you stand a higher chance of paying much more than a property is worth. DealCheck uses reverse valuation and over a dozen criteria to give you an accurate estimate.
- Reporting: DealCheck also allows you to create and export professional property reports. The property report includes analyses, projections, comps, and photos, and can be exported to an online or PDF format to be shared with your business partners or clients.
DealCheck offers their starter plan for free, which allows up to 15 saved properties. They also have two paid plans: Plus ($14 per month) and Pro ($29 per month).
MRI — Best for Asset Management
MRI is a cloud-based real estate investment management software.
It’s suitable for real estate asset managers and real estate investors who want to automate their business processes.
It provides accounting tools for real estate investors — both residential and commercial.
MRI can help you track income and expenses, analyze and forecast cash flow, and identify trends in property performance over time — all in one place.
Plus, it’s very easy to use: there are no complicated user manuals or learning curves involved.
- Property management accounting software: MRI Software provides a general ledger system across your entire business, creating in-depth views of your portfolio’s past, present, and future to help drive long-term planning.
- Investment management: MRI helps you take control of the entire lead-to-lease process. It provides accurate data and robust reporting that helps you make informed decisions about your real estate portfolio. The easy-to-use dashboard enables you to track your performance across multiple metrics at once.
- Integrations: MRI Software integrates with over 200+ other platforms. You can choose any one of them to create a smooth workflow.
Pricing is available on request.
What Is the Best App for Real Estate Investing?
There is no one overall superior property investing app. Rather, an investor must use various real estate investing apps and other tools depending on their investment strategy.
Refer to the list above to see examples of investment property software apps and real estate investor software programs for desktop that help investors of various types accomplish different tasks.
What Are the Best Real Estate Investment Apps for Beginners?
The best apps for real estate property investors are generally the ones that offer free or affordable plans. This allows you to save money when you don’t have a strong cash flow yet.
The first thing investors need is homeowner leads. Perhaps the cheapest option to get highly converting leads is the REB Leads program by Real Estate Bees.
As for free plans for various tools, they normally offer limited functionality such as a limited number of users. This works just fine for small businesses.
A few examples of top real estate investing apps for newbie landlords with free plans are Baselane, TurboTenant, and DealCheck.
Newbie home flippers and real estate wholesalers can look into Podio — a CRM with a free plan.
About the Author:
Oleg Donets is a serial entrepreneur, technology and digital marketing strategist with a solid track record. Since 2013, he has been successfully helping numerous startups and established companies from a wide range of industries to launch, grow and scale their businesses by utilizing his innovative technology solutions and progressive marketing strategies. Oleg is a founder of Real Estate Bees, a cutting-edge technology & marketing platform for the real estate industry. Oleg is also a proud business mentor at SCORE, the nation’s largest nonprofit organization and a resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration.