Garden State Real Estate Academy was founded in 2005 by Phil Bonafiglia, a licensed real estate broker and instructor with more than 30 years of teaching experience. The school chose a different path from competing institutions that crammed their classrooms with aspiring real estate agents.
Garden State Real Estate Academy was founded in 2005 by Phil Bonafiglia, a licensed real estate broker and instructor with more than 30 years of teaching experience.
1) Getting our name known in a crowded market where most local real estate brokers knew only of the major school that has existed for 30+ years.
2) Finding instructors that have the personality to continue earning us 5-star Google Reviews as we grow.
1) Realtor of the Year.
2) Good Neighbor Award from 1.3 million-member National Association of Realtors for my volunteer work (I started an orphanage in Romania)
3) Winner of the Outstanding Book of the Year from the Independent Publishers Association
4) Two-time winner of Keller Williams Cultural Ambassador award
The continual messages from graduated classroom guests who say `We could never have passed the exam without Garden State's teaching style and expertise`
1) Many schools cram 50-60 people in a class. We believe it is impossible to deliver a great learning experience like that, so we never put more than 24 people in a classroom. Our average class has 17 people.
2) Many schools have instructors who have not sold a property in years (if ever). We ONLY hire instructors who have been very successful in their own right as real estate stars. That way, we don't just teach how to pass the state exam; we include hundreds of tips on how they can succeed once our classroom guests actually get their real estate license.
3) Other schools use one of the 3 national textbooks, which are outdated and often have incorrect information on New Jersey real estate law. We write our own 480,000-word textbook that is the definitive tome on totally accurate NJ and national real estate law.