17 Best Real Estate Job Search Websites for Agents
In this article, I will suggest 16 best real estate job search websites for agents and summarize their pros and cons. Whether you need a residential or commercial real estate job search engine, you will find a few options that will, hopefully, help you start or continue a successful career.
Having been a Realtor for 20 years, I know that agents who sign up with just any old company usually don’t stay there very long. This article will show you the options that you have for finding the right company meeting your expectations, specialty, and interests.
Let’s go over the best websites to find jobs in real estate right now.
Jooble is a job posting search engine that was founded in 2014. It’s an aggregator which means that the website automatically collects job postings from other platforms around the world and puts them in one place. Jooble is more active internationally than most other sites.
Currently, employers can’t place openings directly on Jooble. Jooble syndicates job ads from the sites where they were originally placed.
Job applicants can post their resumes on Jooble and get email notifications of jobs that match their qualifications and preferences.
- International reach.
- Wide choice of job openings as they are automatically collected from multiple job search websites.
It is up to applicants to contact potential employers.
Jooble doesn’t have direct control over expired job postings. A job automatically disappears from Jooble only after it’s removed from the website it was originally posted on.
iHire is a job search/job posting platform that is industry specific. Job postings are broken down into industries, with subcategories of specific jobs within the profession.
Applicants can look for jobs for free, or pay for a premium membership that provides discounts on products and services, resume improvement, and a live career advisor. Candidates can also pay a la carte for individual products or services.
iHire has been in business for over 21 years and has a “Great” rating with 4.1 stars with Trustpilot.
- Free Basic Membership provides access to a lot of jobs and resume posting.
- Terms of service are easy to understand and contain advice on how to protect your security when responding to employers.
- Applicants can control the sharing of their information with employers.
- A la carte payment for additional individual products and assistance services.
Strong ratings and reviews after 21 years in business.
- Not as large as other posting sites, but the targeted approach can make your search more efficient.
The Adventures in CRE (Job Board Section)
Adventures in CRE (Commercial Real Estate) is mostly an industry resource for training. They hold seminars around the US and internationally. They also train and provide members with real estate management and investment spreadsheets.
For those who are interested in corporate commercial real estate job search, this site is a good resource. You’ll find that their focus is largely on the financial side of commercial real estate transactions and investment.
As they say on their website, most of the jobs you’ll find on their jobs board are from large commercial real estate firms. There are some postings from smaller firms, but this isn’t an all-inclusive job posting site.
- A very comprehensive look at the upper end of the commercial real estate industry.
- In-depth analytical tools and training for your commercial real estate career.
- Descriptions of positions in the industry including salaries.
- Limited job search platform.
- Location filters are primarily regional, not specific markets.
This is a job posting platform for the real estate industry. They claim over a million members with over 500,000 resumes posted.
A lot of the jobs posted here are related to real estate jobs other than brokerage. Positions found on RealEstateJobsite include landscaping, maintenance, and cleaning.
The free version for jobseekers allows you to post your resume and search for jobs. A Premium Membership that requires a monthly payment highlights you and your resume and shows you jobs that have been posted on Twitter.
- Free version allows you to use their service without obligation.
- Industry specific focus eliminates most non-real estate jobs.
- Search for real estate jobs posted on Twitter (paid option).
- As this website is not among the most popular job search engines, the selection of real estate job postings may be more limited depending on location.
National Association of REALTORS®
The National Association of REALTORS (NAR) website lists jobs available at various Realtor associations and boards around the country. They also allow interested persons to post their resume on the site.
The NAR HR staff will review the resumes for suitable applicants for the positions they are aware of. Applicants cannot assume that the NAR will actively promote them to the employer and should follow up on any jobs they see on the site that interest them.
Jobs posted on the NAR site often appear on other posting sites.
- This is a very targeted pool of applicants and employers.
- Job posts automatically expire after 4 weeks, so there aren’t many outdated listings on the website.
- The number of job openings will be very limited in any given location.
- Job openings found here will usually require experience.
- Although NAR offers extensive classes and training for its members, you won’t find the job search assistance here that many job board platforms offer.
- This is a do-it-yourself job posting board. Employers and applicants must manage the process.
ZipRecruiter is a service for employers that posts their job openings on a large number of job board sites. The job boards on which these positions are posted include ZipRecruiter’s own site.
For a jobseeker, the process is similar to other sites. You create an account and post your information there for potential employers to see. There is no cost for you to sign up with ZipRecruiter.
- The “one stop shopping” that ZipRecruiter offers employers draws a lot of businesses that will see your resume.
- ZipRecruiter has some of the best rated technology for its users, including mobile access.
- ‘1 Click Apply’ allows you to apply with one click to jobs that are originally posted on ZipRecruiter.
Good customer support service.
- Applicants are often matched by ZipRecruiter for jobs that don’t fit their qualifications or location.
Indeed is one of the leading employment search engines on the market. Like any other job search website, Indeed is free for job seekers as it charges employers.
Indeed say that they vet employers, but it isn’t a strict screening process. You are responsible for researching potential employers.
Once on their website, you select the career or profession you are interested in and the area in which you want to work. Indeed shows you a list of companies that are engaged in real estate activities at that location.
You will see the employers’ requirements such as licensing or experience. You’ll also see if the position is salaried, if there are benefits, or if you would be an independent contractor.
Commercial, residential, and real estate property management firms post job openings on Indeed. In order to contact the employers shown on Indeed, you will need to create an Indeed account. This enables you to upload your resume which can be accessed by the employers you select.
- International reach.
- The employer contacts you through Indeed which prevents them from bothering you or giving away your email if you decide you are not interested.
- You can quickly locate firms in your chosen area.
- Your resume is posted in one location and accessible to every potential employer you select through Indeed.
- Indeed provides career guidance tools to help direct you to the right job/employer.
- They also provide tests that help you estimate your skills. You can understand how well a position would suit you, your chances to be hired, and what you still need to work on.
- Indeed leaves employers and applicants to screen one another.
- Employers don’t always promptly remove job opportunities that no longer exist.
- Applicants are sent email notices for jobs that aren’t on their desired list and for which they are not qualified.
Glassdoor describes itself as the premier website for insights into companies and jobs. This platform was launched in 2008 with a mission to provide workplace transparency for jobseekers.
Job candidates can use Glassdoor to research companies in categories such as salaries, benefits, employee reviews, and diversity hiring.
In 2018 Glassdoor was acquired by Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd which also owns Indeed. Glassdoor partners with Indeed to post job openings for its clients.
Applicants can find information and counseling on Glassdoor to help guide them in their job search. In a highly competitive hiring marketplace, Glassdoor offers candidates and motivated companies tools to compete.
- Applicants can research average salaries for their preferred location.
- Applicants have access to workplace reviews from employees.
- Glassdoor has an effective mobile app.
- Your resume will not be available for employers to search.
- The job search filter options are not as thorough as on other sites.
Monster.com is an international job search website. They were the first online job search posting service, and the first to provide a resume database. Monster offers help to applicants with improving their resume, researching employers, and rating their compatibility with a given job.
Monster’s growth has been helped by their purchase of other job search sites and related technology companies. In 2016 Monster bought the job seeking app Jobr, and today they have one of the top-rated mobile apps in the industry.
- International reach.
- Monster provides candidates with extensive helpful data including average salary levels, employer research, and candidate suitability rating.
- Resume building resources.
- Reportedly, expired jobs aren’t promptly removed from the site.
CareerBuilder is one of the oldest job search platforms. For applicants, CareerBuilder provides free information regarding salaries, industries and job categories. You are also offered resume building resources. These are in the form of articles that can be accessed on their website.
CareerBuilder is an international company with jobs and applicants from the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia.
- International reach.
- CareerBuilder offers a highly rated mobile app.
- Candidates are often sent job openings that they aren’t looking for.
- Complaints have been made regarding applicants’ information shared with marketing companies and scammers using CareerBuilder to contact candidates.
SimplyHired is owned by Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd. which also owns Indeed and Glassdoor. SimplyHired posts their employer clients’ job offerings on their affiliated sites.
As a job seeker, on SimplyHired, you can create a resume and make it available to employers, as well as search job postings without charge. SimplyHired offers career advancement information, company profiles including salary levels, resume building, cover letter writing, and job interview tips.
- SimplyHired boasts a top rated mobile platform.
- You can post your resume and get contacted by employers.
- Candidates have access to basic career advancement research tools and materials for free.
- Complaints have been made regarding poor customer support.
Select Leaders is a commercial real estate (CRE) job posting and candidate search platform. They have recruited a network of 12 major trade associations within the CRE industry through which their postings reach employers.
Applicants can post their resume on the Select Leaders site where it can be found by industry employers. Job applicants also have access to resume assistance, industry employment research, and job alerts.
- The platform is focused within the CRE industry and affiliated with the top industry associations.
- Select Leaders offers free assistance to applicants for resume building and career research.
- Select Leaders is only useful within the commercial real estate industry, not residential.
InterSolutions is a property management staffing agency. They provide qualified employees in the property management field to their employer clients. Many of the jobs that they fill are temporary or contract positions. In addition to working with experienced applicants, they advertise that they work with qualified newcomers to fill entry level positions.
Applicants apply to InterSolutions to become an associate. Once accepted, the applicant undergoes training on industry standards and fair housing laws. All applicants submit to a criminal background check. This is not unusual as all states require either disclosure of criminal convictions or criminal background checks for real estate licensing.
The associate is then placed in a suitable position with one of their client properties in the associate’s area when they’re available.
- With all its extensive features, there is no cost for applicants to use InterSolutions.
- InterSolution uses state of the art mobile technology for initial interviews, training, interaction between the associate and the employer/client.
- Associates can decline jobs that they aren’t interested in.
- Direct path to property management employment for inexperienced applicants.
- Mobile technology convenience for scheduling, work record, and payment.
- Job opportunities are limited to the property management industry.
- Work opportunities may be mostly part time and not steady.
- Applicants need to research InterSolution’s presence in their area.
- No benefits with InterSolution.
LinkedIn is a social media platform for business professionals. It was created to allow professionals to network with others in their field, advance their career, and create business opportunities.
Anyone can sign up as a member of LinkedIn for free. There are additional levels of membership for a fee that provide added services and features.
Your LinkedIn profile serves you as a detailed resume. You can make other members aware that you are open to reviewing job opportunities. LinkedIn will send you alerts on job openings that might be a good fit. You can also research local companies that are hiring and contact them to apply.
Non-members can look at jobs on LinkedIn for free. It will be up to them to follow up with those members for themselves, whether through LinkedIn after creating a profile or by other means.
- With all its features, LinkedIn is free for job search.
- You can look for jobs on LinkedIn without being registered on the website.
- LinkedIn job search filters include location, job type, and even desired salary.
- Members can put a lot of information in their profile and, through privacy settings, manage if others can see it.
- Members can access career counseling, resume building tips, and interview advice.
- LinkedIn doesn’t provide candidate scoring or job suitability ratings.
Adzuna is a job search engine with a category on the real estate sector, providing a smarter, more transparent experience for job seekers.
With 96,643 real estate jobs in the US and an average salary of $67,859, Adzuna helps users find the most relevant opportunities in the real estate industry.
Job seekers can utilize Adzuna’s unique tools, filters, and salary stats to identify the most suitable roles based on location, category, company, employment type, and hours.
The platform also allows users to create email alerts for new jobs that match their search criteria.
- Filters on real estate job opportunities
- Unique tools and salary stats to aid job seekers
- Efficient, transparent search engine to find relevant jobs quickly
- Email alerts for new job postings
- No free trials
- No candidate management dashboard
Job Search on Google
Many job posting sites connect with Google to share their listings. Google collects job offerings from across the Internet and brings them to one place.
Major job sites such as ZipRecruiter use Google to multiply their exposure. Google’s site claims that after integrating with Google Ziprecruiter, their organic conversion rate grew 4.5 times.
When job candidates search on Google, they will see results from multiple job posting sources to choose from.
- Wide selection of jobs syndicated from multiple websites. As a job posting aggregator, Google provides “one stop shopping” for job applicants, similarly to Jooble.
- Google itself doesn’t offer assistance to applicants, but many of the search selections are sites that do offer assistance.
- There is no option to post your resume to make it available to employers.
Real Estate Bees
RealEstateBees.com is an extensive platform for real estate professionals helping them grow their business. One of its features is a national directory for real estate professionals of all kinds.
In the Real Estate Bees vendor directory, you can look for the top-rated local real estate teams and the best real estate brokerage firms near you to reach out to and inquire about a job.
You can also list your own business by creating a profile as a realtor. This will help you be seen by potential employers, clients, and partners in location-specific lists of the best real estate agents in your area.
- Browsing companies, as well as listing your business, is completely free of charge.
- Your profile will be useful even after you find a job. It will be available to anyone looking for a real estate agent in cities you serve bringing you business.
- Companies in our directory are rated and sorted by our proprietary algorithm based on multiple factors. This ensures the most reputable companies are shown at the top.
- Unlike other directories, we made business profiles very extensive while keeping them simple for navigation. This ensures that you are able to easily screen a considered company to make the right decision.
- Real estate SEO-savvy users will be glad to discover that the link to their website in the profile is do-follow (unlike in most other business directories). This means that it adds authority to your website in Google’s eyes helping it get better positions in search.
- Real Estate Bees is a relatively new platform. For some locations, the selection of vendors is not very wide. However, we are rapidly growing.
- As Real Estate Bees isn’t primarily a job search platform, it lacks functionality for searching for actual current job postings and submitting your resume to employers.
8 Largest Real Estate Companies to Apply to Directly
Real estate agents who are looking for work at brokerage firms can go directly to a company’s website. Most national realty companies have a page on their site that enables you to pursue a career with them. Smaller local companies can also announce on their websites that they are hiring.
There may be a tab at the top of the homepage labeled “Join Us”, or “Careers”. Sometimes the link can be found at the bottom of the webpage (website footer).
Not all realty firms are created equal, especially if you’re a new agent. Affiliating with the right company can truly make a significant difference in your success. Before you start, read our article on choosing the right brokerage: How to Choose the Right Real Estate Brokerage to Work For.
Now, let’s go over a few largest national real estate companies who provide a way to apply for a job with them.
Keller Williams Realty
Keller Williams Realty is the largest real estate firm in the US in terms of the number of agents they have. With their strong training program and generous commission structure, KW Realty should be considered by agents entering the field.
Their leading innovation and Tech-Enabled Agent philosophy make them a good home for experienced agents as well.
Coldwell Banker Realty, the oldest US brokerage firm, performs more luxury home transactions than any other company. Their size and scope have made them one of the leading relocation firms in the US, which is a strong source of business for their agents.
With a strong training program and current technology, Coldwell Banker is a good working environment for both rookies and veteran agents.
The Weichert Realtors company offers opportunities for both residential and commercial real estate agents. Their “All Under One Roof (sm)” business model provides brokerage, mortgage, insurance, and title closing services. This strategy offers a wide range of real estate related job opportunities to applicants.
Century 21 is one of the most recognized brands in the industry. Their continuing investment in technology and agent support make them an excellent partner for real estate agents. A large portion of the Century 21 website is devoted to the recruitment of new agents.
RE/MAX is usually the largest real estate company each year by closed transactions. They are a highly recognized brand. Although they have training available for new agents, they are known in the industry as a particularly good company for experienced agents.
EXIT Realty has positioned their company as cutting-edge, disrupting the traditional real estate sales model. They look for experienced agents who, along with their broker duties, will find and sponsor other good agents. Sponsoring agents receive a portion of the commissions generated by agents they brought to the company as residual income.
Better Homes and Gardens
Better Home and Gardens Real Estate actively recruits new agents and provides extensive real estate and business development training.
Their website has individual pages for new and experienced agents. They are a relatively new company, founded and run by experienced industry executives.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices offers a wide range of services in addition to brokerage. They have quickly grown to one of the largest real estate companies through the acquisition of other firms. They have the capital to maintain their technology at the highest level.
Their “join us” link is found at the bottom of their website. They offer online training platforms for new agents.
About the Author
Kristina Morales is a REALTOR® with over 20 years of professional experience. She actively practices real estate in Ohio but also has practiced real estate in California and Texas. Conducting her real estate business in three states has allowed her to gain unique experiences that make her a well-rounded realtor. She obtained her Bachelor of Arts in Business Management and her MBA with a concentration in Banking and Finance. Prior to real estate, Kristina had an extensive corporate career in banking and treasury. She ended her finance career as an Assistant Treasurer at a publicly traded oil & gas company in Houston, TX.
If you too want to contribute your expert advice on a topic of your expertise, feel free to apply to our Expert Contributor Program.