5 Best Commercial Loan Software Platforms for Real Estate Mortgage Brokers (2023 Reviews)
Real Estate Bees’ editorial team asked a number of industry-leading mortgage brokers to share their expertise on the best commercial mortgage software to help our readers make a more educated purchase decision when researching available solutions.
With the help of the experts, we identified the best commercial mortgage loan origination software tools and evaluated their features, plans, and pricing information. Visiting retailers of the listed products by clicking links within our content may earn us commissions from your purchases, but we never receive any compensation for the inclusion of products and/or services in our consumer guides. Read our editorial guidelines to learn more about our review and rating process.
TurnKey Lender is a B2B SaaS company revolutionizing lending processes with its cutting-edge, AI-powered lending automation platform.
The platform automates every lending facet, from origination to reporting, exceeding security standards with certifications like SOC 1, SOC 2 Type II, PCI DSS, and ISO 27001.
A leader in Unified Lending Management (ULM), TurnKey Lender brings an innovative solution to every phase of lending, making it a top choice among the best software companies in its niche.
Its offerings encompass a wide spectrum of lending domains, spanning traditional and alternative lending, SME financing, grant management, leasing, trade finance, and more.
Commercial Loan Origination
This feature enables businesses to effortlessly connect with potential clients through a seamless, fully digitalized loan application process tailored precisely to their needs.
By offering instant, personalized credit terms, the mortgage application software enhances customer engagement and conversion rates.
This is an intelligently designed hub for seamless interactions between borrowers and lenders. It streamlines the borrower’s journey by offering convenient access to vital information and communication tools.
The portal includes email and in-platform messaging tools, providing a holistic communication channel for all stages of the lending process.
Borrowers can easily initiate loan applications, receive updates on their loan status, and interact directly with lenders, enhancing transparency and reducing friction.
This feature offers advanced data analysis, from firmographics to customizable datasets, empowering businesses to assess lending risks effectively.
By adeptly processing and synthesizing diverse data points, Decision Engine expedites informed decision-making, surpassing competitor offerings in both speed and accuracy for an unparalleled lending experience.
TurnKey Lender provides a robust document management feature, sparing users from manual document creation.
This capability encompasses the entire document lifecycle, from generation and electronic signing to secure storage, seamless retrieval, and diligent tracking.
With this tool, document-related tasks are automated, streamlining operations and enhancing efficiency across the lending process.
Plans and Pricing
TurnKey Lender does not offer predefined pricing plans. The platform invites potential users to engage directly by requesting a demo.
However, TurnKey Lender is also one of the best free commercial lending software platform vendors.
It provides a free version that supports AI-driven credit-worthiness assessments and flexible collection techniques for small- and medium-sized lenders.
Pricing depends on company size, lending operations size and types, among other factors.
Based on some online sources, pricing for the TurnKey Lender end-to-end platform starts at $500 per month.
Pros and Cons
- Extensive customization. TurnKey Lender offers a plethora of settings that can be fine-tuned to cater to various product requirements, providing a high degree of customization and adaptability.
- Automation features. TurnKey Lender impresses users with its efficient automation, seamlessly expediting the loan journey from origination to servicing, while prepopulating essential documents, greatly saving time and effort.
- User-friendly interface. This residential and commercial loan management platform receives accolades for its user-friendly interface. It is lauded by reviewers for efficient navigation and task completion, enhancing loan businesses’ operational efficiency.
- Expensive customizations. While the existing platform offers a comprehensive range of functions, potential enhancements might entail higher expenses, warranting careful consideration of budget constraints.
- Restricted task management. TurnKey Lender has task management limitations. It lacks the ability to assign tasks to specific team members.
- Limited reporting. Advanced reporting is not provided as a standard menu item in TurnKey Lender, so additional payments are required to access it.
- Microsoft Excel
- Salesforce Sales Cloud
- QuickBooks Online
- QuickBooks Online Advanced
- Dynamics 365
- Adobe Acrobat Sign
- Sage Intacct
The Mortgage Office
The Mortgage Office is a cutting-edge commercial loan software platform designed for businesses of varying sizes.
Its comprehensive suite comprises modules that cover loan origination, trust accounting, and escrow administration, while also facilitating management of mortgage rates and credit reporting. It can also be used as mortgage loan servicing software.
The platform’s automated functions expedite document preparation, payment tracking, and borrower interactions, making it a top choice for lenders, municipalities, and non-profits in the US and Canada.
The Mortgage Office’s robust commercial loan broker software features an efficient loan servicing module.
Users can effortlessly navigate through various loan types, from commercial and ARM to HELOC, rehab, and more, simplifying loan management across diverse lending sources.
The Mortgage Office offers a seamless solution to rate determination for various loans, ensuring swift and effortless calculations.
It provides an intuitive environment for generating intricate amortization schedules tailored to both borrowers and lenders.
It also includes real-time borrower negotiation capabilities, facilitating streamlined interactions.
The calculator facilitates a robust and automated rate determination process, reducing manual effort and errors.
This feature offers robust automation for maintaining accounts at escrow companies.
It instantly generates disclosure statements, streamlines the process, and handles diverse scenarios — from unanticipated disbursements to shortfalls and surpluses.
Additionally, the module ensures timely insurance and tax payments by efficiently collecting, tracking, and calculating escrow payments.
It is a comprehensive solution that enhances escrow account administration for businesses of all sizes.
The trust accounting feature offers a robust solution that aligns seamlessly with prevailing legal and accounting standards.
This comprehensive mortgage banker accounting software module empowers businesses to effortlessly maintain trust accounts, ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
It enables smooth audits, while granting users control over an unlimited number of trust accounts and clients.
It is a compliant tool, adhering to both federal and state regulations, including CA-DRE and B&P codes.
Plans and Pricing
The Mortgage Office, with its comprehensive suite of lending solutions, stands as a leader among the best commercial lending solutions software companies.
The platform offers customized pricing based on unique user needs. Interested users can schedule a free, no-obligation demo by completing a simple form.
Alternatively, they can engage directly by calling a toll-free number to connect with a knowledgeable sales representative for immediate assistance and information.
Based on some online sources, pricing for the software starts at $650 per month.
Pros and Cons
- Easy to set up. The Mortgage Office offers a seamless setup process, allowing users to quickly initiate loan servicing operations without complex configurations, expediting the onboarding and implementation phases.
- Versatile usability. The Mortgage Office’s user-friendly interface caters to both large and small companies, accommodating a wide spectrum of loan service needs.
- Excellent customer support. Based on customer reviews, The Mortgage Office offers responsive technical support, with a patient and understanding customer care team.
- Task limitations. The platform doesn’t support multitasking, particularly when working on multiple accounts. Users are required to exit the current task to address another account, which can disrupt workflow and potentially lead to errors if not managed carefully.
- Reporting limitations. Generating advanced custom reports requires knowledge of SQL or Crystal Reports. This dependence on specialized skills can pose a challenge for users who do not possess such expertise.
- Microsoft Office
- Lightning Docs
- QuickBooks Online
BytePro is a highly versatile commercial real estate mortgage lending software system designed to cater to multi-state lenders handling sizable loan volumes.
It offers a comprehensive range of compliance features, including real-time checks, HUD-1 fee tolerance tracking, fraud reports, and customizable audit trails.
The system adapts effortlessly to a wide variety of business workflows, addressing the needs of small, medium, and large enterprises alike.
BytePro is tailored to the needs of businesses seeking efficient commercial loan documentation and reporting features.
The platform provides users with robust reporting capabilities, encompassing essential requirements like the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA).
This feature simplifies the process of accessing crucial information, whether it’s comprehensive management reports, compliance requirements, or specific audit inquiries.
This feature enables lenders to harness speed and efficiency through tailored workflow automation.
With an innovative macro-based approach, lenders can create robust automation solutions in-house, offering remarkable adaptability to address specific business requirements.
Whether devising straightforward macros to minimize manual tasks or intricate formulas to automate fee calculations and enhance closing procedures, this tool provides unparalleled flexibility, facilitating streamlined and efficient operations for mortgage professionals.
This feature enhances efficiency by integrating tasks with macros and validation rules, automating assignment and completion.
It includes task templates and built-in rules to streamline various manual processes, like commercial real estate appraisers’ reviews and required item lists.
The dynamic user interface further optimizes task handling with visual alerts and quick access views, enabling task completion directly without opening the entire loan file.
This is a versatile and multi-channel platform designed to cater to third-party origination (TPO) customers.
It provides TPO customers with essential capabilities, including application uploading, credit pulling, AUS (automated underwriting system) functionalities, loan lock facilitation, and document management.
It serves as an all-encompassing solution, enabling efficient interactions and seamless operations for TPO customers, streamlining the loan origination process and enhancing collaboration between parties.
Plans and Pricing
BytePro has not published pricing information. For those interested in obtaining detailed pricing information, we recommend requesting a demo from their sales team.
Pros and Cons
- Conversation log. BytePro provides a conversation log that enables users to maintain a documented history of communications. This enhances transparency, accountability, and facilitates easy reference, streamlining interactions between users.
- Intuitive interface. BytePro boasts a user-friendly design where information is presented in a clear and logical manner. This ensures ease of reading and navigation, contributing to a smooth user experience.
- Collaboration tools. BytePro offers multi-user functionality and seamless communication via conversation logs and multi-user editing functionality, enhancing collaboration and efficiency within the platform.
- Highly compliant. BytePro is comprehensively compliant. It allows lenders to satisfy QM/ATR and TRID mortgage rules.
- Loading screen delays. Some users have experienced slow loading times when using the software. This slow responsiveness can impede workflow efficiency.
- No advanced mortgage calculators. BytePro lacks the capability to compute mortgage payments based on a 365-day calendar year, limiting its versatility in handling certain payment calculation scenarios.
- REST API
Centrex is an advanced cloud-based CRM for mortgage brokers and lenders designed for the finance sector.
It helps organizations centralize and manage key aspects, including contacts, deals, team productivity, loan portfolios, and targeted email/text marketing campaigns.
The Centrex commercial mortgage loan broker software platform features an array of tools, contributing to enhanced client interactions and revenue generation:
- automated commercial underwriting tool
- team management tools
- custom workflows
- contact management
- email template creation, and
- event-triggered notifications
This feature enhances lender deal submissions by offering advanced lender filters and a seamless matchmaking mechanism that connects lenders with appropriate borrowers.
With criteria that encompass vital data points including years in business, annual revenue, entity type, industry, state, and credit score, it forms a comprehensive framework.
The tool effortlessly handles single-package submissions to multiple lenders, leveraging an intelligent algorithm for 100% match rate recommendations.
Contact and Deal Management
Centrex offers efficient and streamlined contact and deal management.
It is a versatile tool that encompasses a range of capabilities, including:
- custom workflows with distinct stages and statuses
- tailored list building with flexible filters and sharing options, and
- quick actions for seamless email, document, note, and call interactions within a list view
It harmonizes deal and contact statuses, allowing custom deal statuses that align seamlessly with contact statuses.
Centrex offers a comprehensive solution for overseeing affiliates, brokers, ISOs, syndicates, real estate investors, and other entities from a single unified platform.
It allows seamless access and submission of new deals through the portal for all ISOs and brokers.
Its multi-company assignment functionality assists in clearly attributing deals to the respective parties, while email and SMS triggers and notifications keep brokers and ISOs informed and engaged.
Text and Email Marketing
This feature allows comprehensive communication with clients, mortgage brokers, syndicates, and vendors at various levels.
This mortgage marketing software offers a range of functionalities, including the option to purchase new phone numbers, manage text permissions on a per-number basis, SMTP connection to third-party servers, and the ability to create customized email templates.
It also provides campaign reporting and statistics, enabling users to gain valuable insights into their communication efforts’ effectiveness.
Plans and Pricing
The platform’s pricing plans are personalized and not disclosed on the website. Prospective users are invited to request a demo for detailed information on pricing and offerings.
Pros and Cons
- Easy to use and set up. The CRM stands toe to toe with advanced CRM platforms like Salesforce, with less complexity.
- Full-featured lending platform. Centrex brings together a variety of tools to make lenders’ lives easier — from commercial real estate loan origination software to client management and follow-up tools. It streamlines the process of making commercial loans.
- A+ support. Support is responsive and helpful. Over the years, Centrex has incorporated a number of changes and updates to its software based on customer requests.
- Limited customizations. While Centrex is marketed as a CRM, it offers limited customization and deal forecasting options.
- Document signing isn’t user-friendly. Users have found that the document signing software provided by Centrex does not offer the same level of efficiency and user-friendliness as dedicated document signing solutions. Centrex also doesn’t integrate with third-party document management tools like DocuSign.
- Microsoft 365
- Thomson Reuters CLEAR
LoanLogics is an innovative commercial loan broker software designed to enhance the transparency and precision of the mortgage process.
It empowers residential and commercial mortgage lenders, servicers, and investors to minimize loan defects, lower costs, and reduce risk across the loan lifecycle.
Aligning with the industry’s digital transformation, LoanLogics leverages innovative technologies and compliance expertise to ensure loan asset accuracy and performance.
Sun Capital Partners acquired the platform in 2022.
Mortgage Document Processing
Utilizing a combination of rules-based automation and human operator workflow, the mortgage document processing tools ensure exceptional accuracy at enterprise scale.
LoanLogics IDEA technology automates the classification and indexing of images by using ADR (Automated Document Recognition) technology.
Lenders can review and approve loan applications efficiently and cost-effectively in seconds, eliminating origination bottlenecks and streamlining commercial loan documentation.
Income Calculation Technology
LoanBeam, acquired by LoanLogics, offers comprehensive income verification, excelling in self-employed income calculations and complicated tax returns.
It adeptly transforms intricate tax returns, diverse paystubs, and W2 forms into manageable data points.
This facilitates automated adjustment and computation of income. It allows users to direct their focus toward risk assessment, attain heightened workflow efficiency, and ensure seamless compliance.
Mortgage Quality Control Audit
This feature optimizes audit processes by emphasizing exception identification.
It enhances productivity with increased loans per person per day, and significantly reduces the costs associated with loan quality management.
Support for pre- and post-close quality control assessments, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) reporting, and TRID compliance reviews make LoanLogics a comprehensive and well-rounded commercial loan broker software system.
Mortgage Auditing Services
This mortgage lending software provides a comprehensive array of mortgage auditing services designed to cater to a diverse range of needs.
Ranging from fully outsourced quality control to supplementary programs that complement internal resources, these services offer a tailored approach to managing risk.
Leveraging its loan quality management platform, adept audit professionals can conduct pre-close, post-close, and pre-fund audits.
Plans and Pricing
LoanLogics does not display pricing information on their website. To learn more about their pricing plans and offerings, users have to request a demo.
Pros and Cons
- Efficient risk assessment. The platform’s risk card reports serve as a powerful tool for evaluating loan risk. Users can leverage these reports to analyze individual borrower attributes and determine loan risk levels, enabling them to make well-informed lending decisions.
- Automated data management. LoanLogics stands out for its ability to automatically index, capture all relevant data points, and execute audit rules. This comprehensive automation facilitates data management tasks, streamlining processes and ensuring accuracy in data handling.
- Robust pricing engine. LoanLogics boasts a user-friendly pricing interface that enables swift quote retrieval for sales, accompanied by valuable rate sheet history and guidelines, simplifying loan processes.
- Steep learning curve. LoanLogics requires a steep learning curve. Tasks such as creating margins, adjustments, setting compensation plans, and configuring par values span numerous screens. This complexity can lead to errors and confusion.
- Outdated user interface. One notable drawback of LoanLogics is its outdated interface which makes this mortgage broker software somewhat difficult to navigate.
- Optimal Blue
About the Author:
Kristina Morales is both a licensed mortgage loan originator and real estate agent in the State of Ohio. Inspired by her years of working with buyers and sellers and seeing a need for more consumer education, Kristina created loanfully.com, an online educational resource for borrowers and industry professionals. In addition to real estate sales and mortgage lending, Kristina had an extensive corporate career in banking, treasury, and corporate finance. She ended her corporate career as an Assistant Treasurer at a publicly traded oil & gas company in Houston, TX. Kristina obtained her MBA from the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University and her B.A in Business Management from Ursuline College.