SubTo Mentorship Course Review 2023
With the help of our in-house editorial team, our platform’s members and external subject matter experts, this comprehensive review of SubTo Mentorship Course became possible and available for free to those considering this course!
In this review we evaluated SubTo’s curriculum, pricing, and other important aspects to help our readers make a more educated purchase decision.
All the customer reviews and ratings on this page have been submitted by our platform’s members who either currently use or used to use the reviewed product/service in the past. We never receive any compensation for the inclusion of products and/or services in our product/service reviews. However, by visiting retailer/manufacturer of the reviewed product/service by clicking links within our content may earn us commissions from your purchases. Read our editorial guidelines to learn more about our review and rating process.
What Is SubTo?
SubTo is a comprehensive real estate training and mentorship program for real estate investors.
It mainly focuses on educating both new and experienced investors on creative financing strategies, specifically buying real estate subject to existing loans.
The program was created by Pace Morby, a full-time investor and popular figure within the real estate investment community.
The SubTo course is conducted entirely online and comes with various types of learning resources, including video modules, downloadable templates, access to various real estate software, and more.
To access the course and its resources, you’ll be required to fill out an application form, schedule a recruitment call, and pay for the course if you’re accepted into the program.
Who Is the Instructor of SubTo?
The SubTo education program was created in 2019 by Pace Morby, a successful full-time investor and educator with more than a decade of experience wholesaling and rehabbing properties.
Over the last decade, the SubTo founder has done over 7,000 renovations and built more than 150 new homes.
He also runs a wholesale business that does 150 wholesaling deals annually, as well as a fix-and-flip company that does about 50 house flips each year.
Altogether, Morby’s real estate portfolio is estimated to be worth $32 million.
When it comes to mentorship and real estate training, Morby serves as SubTo’s main coach. He is assisted by several other trainers during the six-week program.
Morby also provides free real estate training on his YouTube channel.
Is SubTo Legit or a Scam?
Based on our research, there’s enough evidence to indicate that the SubTo program is a legitimate real estate mentorship course.
The course has been around for almost five years as of May 2023 and has been taken by numerous investors within that time.
On popular forums and social media platforms like BiggerPockets and YouTube, there are hundreds of student testimonials and reviews which indicate the program’s popularity within the real estate community.
Additionally, the program’s founder and main coach, Pace Morby, is a well-known figure in the real estate industry.
He has over 300,000 followers on Instagram alone where he regularly provides tips on real estate investing.
Morby is also the host of Triple Digit Flip, a popular real estate investing show that airs on the A&E Network.
All in all, you can be assured that SubTo is not a scam.
SubTo Customer Reviews
No customer reviews found
The SubTo course costs depending on the package you choose. Below are descriptions of what is included in the price of the SubTo mentorship in each plan.
Accelerator – $8,800
The accelerator course is a great way to get started in SubTo. Most people who join SubTo start here. This gives you entry into the SubTo community whether you’ve been involved in the real estate space before or are entirely new to it.
Here, you get access to the PACE Method that teaches:
- The jargon of the real estate world and how traditional real estate deals are done
- How creative financing works in real estate and the common misconceptions
- How to set goals and hold yourself accountable by working together with the other 10,000 members of the SubTo community
- How to correctly comp properties and underwrite to identify a deal
- Different acquisition strategies for sourcing your next deal include door knocking, expired listings, cold calling, direct to mail marketing, and acquisitions from other SubTo members and wholesalers
- How to use referrals to have returning business
- How to negotiate a creative deal
- How to work with the different bulletproof contracts and step-by-step of how to structure a business given to you by Pace. These include but are not limited to contracts for: assignments, escrow, company creation, bank account setup, how to use an e-sign system and which are preferable, wholesaling, wrap-around mortgages, lease options, subject to deals, long and short-term rentals, group homes, and vacation rentals
- How to deal with and work with banks looking to call due-on sale clauses
- How to raise private capital
- How to find and continue to find future buyers even after you close a deal
- How to find the people you need on your real estate team and how to scale your business
- How to work with property management companies
The Accelerator package also guarantees you access to the Zoom vault for post-live trainings from Pace and any new training moving forward.
You also receive access to the closed Facebook community of more than 10,000 active SubTo members doing different types of real estate deals and working with one another all across the country.
But on top of 6 weeks of active learning, you also receive access to a Member Success Advisor for the first 60 days who can answer any questions about the course, direct you to the documentation you’re looking for, can help connect you with members of the community and can walk you through the process.
Executive – $11,800
The executive package is better for SubTo members who are looking to get started right now. This package is good for newbies to real estate as well as seasoned investors.
This tier includes everything from the Accelerator Package, but also includes weekly live calls with Caroline Cain, a SubTo community member now turned guide for other SubTo students who has built her real estate portfolio to a Pace-approved professional level.
You also get weekly group calls with Pace and other high-performing members of the SubTo community that can answer your questions live and walk you through your deals and comping properties to help you get to the closing table.
More than just group calls, you also get access to on-demand individual comping support from a Member Success Advisor and access to the exclusive Executive Discord Channel for better communication and deal-finding opportunities with the SubTo community.
This tier of SubTo also allows you to upgrade to one-on-one coaching in the future for an additional $4,000-$7,000 depending on if you want one-on-one coach for 3 months or 6 months to help your business start with a boom. The opportunity to upgrade to one-on-one coaching is not available at the Accelerator level.
Master – $15,800
Master Tier includes everything in the Accelerator and Executive level, but comes with 3 months of one-on-one coaching from a high-performing SubTo member that Pace does deals with. They will help your investment dreams become a reality and can help bring your SubTo business to life.
Elite – $18,800
Elite Tier includes everything from Accelerator, Executive, and Master, but offers one-on-one coaching for six months, instead of three.
This level also gives you access to the exclusive Elite Discord Channel where high-grossing businesses that are working in creative financing are actively sourcing, buying, selling, and investing in new deals.
Access to this Discord puts you in the heart of how to make money and save money on taxes by investing in real estate.
They actively do deals and make it easy to get started and continue growing your business in creative financing so deals continue coming to you in the future.
This is the best way to ensure that you are successful in SubTo and help you find the team that can grow your real estate investing business beyond your wildest dream.
SubTo Coupon & Promo Codes
No promo codes found
How Does SubTo Work?
This subject to real estate investing course has various forms of educational resources dedicated to helping novice and experienced investors build and scale their real estate businesses.
The following are the main learning materials provided within the program.
- Video modules — The SubTo training program is primarily delivered via pre-recorded video clips which offer about six weeks’ worth of training time. The videos cover a variety of topics, including how creative finance works, marketing, cold-calling tactics, and more.
- Weekly conference calls — Joining the SubTo program provides you with access to at least one conference call each week, hosted by Pace Morby. Together with other members, you will be able to interact directly with Pace and ask questions regarding your business. This one-on-one approach allows you to get advice and support that is highly tailored to your business needs.
- Access to an exclusive investor community — SubTo has an exclusive Facebook community for all its students. The private group consists of experienced investors and industry experts and serves as a great channel for investor networking and support.
- Access to lenders and service providers — As a new investor, you don’t have to build your business network from scratch, thanks to the SubTo program. SubTo members have access to Morby’s network of private money lenders, service vendors, and countrywide connections.
- Legal documents and contract templates — There are numerous documents and contracts used in real estate deals. SubTo provides its students with customizable and readily available templates for contracts used across every stage of a real estate deal. The documents can be downloaded for print. Additionally, you also get access to proven and tested cold-calling scripts.
- Access to SubTo Mastermind events — Once every year, SubTo hosts a real estate Mastermind event for its members in Phoenix, Arizona. The two-day event is hosted by Pace Morby and his team of experts and focuses on networking, along with one-on-one mentoring.
- Access to a virtual assistant — When you join the higher-tier course packages, you get three months of access to a virtual assistant at no additional fee to allow you to focus on the more vital aspects of your business.
- CRM access — A SubTo membership provides students with access to a real estate investor CRM for managing, systemizing, and automating various business functions. You will be taught how to use the real estate CRM within the six-week program.
- Provision of a transaction coordinator — As part of the company’s one-on-one approach to training, students get a dedicated transaction coordinator to handle the paperwork involved in real estate deals. The service helps first-time investors close their first deals with ease while they learn from the coordinator.
- Access to a partner training program — Higher-tier course packages provide SubTo members with access to AstroFlipping, a real estate wholesaling course. The additional AstroFlipping modules bring the entire SubTo training period to 11 weeks from 6 weeks.
According to student testimonials, SubTo provides students/members with lifetime access to course resources.
This means you’ll be able to access the learning materials and services even after completing the program.
What Is the SubTo Curriculum?
SubTo does not reveal its course curriculum to the public: you will have to join the program to learn what the course covers.
However, we were able to find out some of the topics the SubTo curriculum contains from student testimonials on BiggerPockets and Trustpilot:
- Creative finance (How the “subject to” business method works)
- How to find subject to properties
- Scaling your business
- Motivated sellers with probate properties
- How to cold-call a potential lead
- How to draft real estate contracts
- Exit strategies
- Joint venture programs
SubTo Pros and Cons
- The company offers several course packages to cater to investors across various levels of experience.
- Members get lifetime access to course resources and services.
- The founder and main coach, Pace Morby, is a proven successful investor and takes students through most of the curriculum.
- There are weekly Zoom sessions where you can talk to Morby directly and get highly tailored support for your business.
- The mentorship program covers your business, not you as an individual. This means if you hire new people for your business, they will receive training at no additional cost.
- Students get to join a private Facebook support group where they can get exclusive access to resource updates and investor discussions.
- There is no free trial or refund policy for the program.
- The class is expensive, especially for first-time investors.
- Several students have complained that the course curriculum was overwhelming.
- Wholesaling Inc.
- Flipping Mastery
- Pro Wholesaler VIP
- Freedom Mentor Apprentice Program
- FortuneBuilders Mastery
- 7 Figure Flipping
- Clever Investor
- Wholesaling University by The Wholesalers Toolbox
- Property MOB
- The Beginner’s Deal Finding Guide by REtipster
- Lex Levinrad Coaching
- Wholesaling Real Estate in 30 Days by Udemy
- Wholesaling Real Estate Blueprint by Chris Goff
- Virtual Real Estate Wholesaling Basics in 30 Days by Udemy
- Free Wholesaling 101 Course by Ola Tux Abitogun
- Free Wholesale Course by David Dodge and Mike Slane
- Flip2Freedom Academy
- Barriers and Breakthroughs of Real Estate Wholesaling by Udemy
- Flipping: The Complete System to Flip Houses for Profit by Real Estate Trainer
- Home Flipping Workshop
- House Flipping For Beginners by Flipsters Academy
- Advanced Real Estate Flipping Strategies by Udemy
- Land Profit Generator
- Land Investing Masterclass
Awards & Recognition
Best Real Estate Investing Course (Awarded by Real Estate Bees)
Press & Media
Does SubTo have a trial or money-back guarantee?
No, there’s no free trial or money-back guarantee for the SubTo Mastermind program.
Instead, the company provides course applicants with a free video e-book with a real-life case study of how to close deals.
How many students have studied SubTo?
We couldn’t find solid information on the number of students that have gone through the SubTo mentorship course.
However, the course has received hundreds of student testimonials and mentions across renowned real estate forums like BiggerPockets and Trustpilot, indicating the program’s popularity.
How to cancel SubTo and what is the refund policy?
The company does not provide a procedure for terminating your SubTo student membership. Additionally, there are no refunds for canceled course memberships.
Is SubTo Worth It?
That depends. Like with other coaching programs, there is no guarantee that you will close deals and make money when you join SubTo.
However, the course provides you with ample resources to enable you to start making money.
There are numerous video modules, one-on-one coaching services, customizable contract templates, and a transaction coordinator to support you as you build your business.
Still, the course remains expensive and may not be worth it, especially for people just getting into real estate investing.
If you’re an experienced investor looking to scale, the SubTo program will certainly be a valuable resource for you and your business thanks to some key resources, including access to a lender and investor network, a CRM, and a virtual assistant.