6 Best House Flipping Software Tools (2023 Reviews)
Real Estate Bees’ editorial team asked a number of industry-leading real estate investors to share their expertise on the best house flipping software apps to help our readers make a more educated purchase decision when researching available solutions.
With the help of the experts, we identified the best free and paid real estate home rehab tools and evaluated them based on critical factors that are important for real estate investors. Visiting retailers of the listed products by clicking links within our content may earn us commissions from your purchases, but we never receive any compensation for the inclusion of products and/or services in our consumer guides. Read our editorial guidelines to learn more about our review and rating process.
FlipperForce is an all-in-one web-based house flipping app built to help house flippers, rehabbers, and investors manage their projects.
It combines several handy tools needed to flip a house.
FlipperForce includes a rehab estimator tool that allows you to generate cost estimates for your rehab projects by using pre-built pricing databases of national average pricing.
It also includes home rehab software for project management that helps you create Gantt schedules for planning project timelines and tracking ongoing tasks.
It can also calculate actual expenses against the initial budget.
This feature allows users to track income, expenses, and the overall financial performance of their flipping projects. Users can track actual expenses against budgeted expenses.
You can also use this feature to generate expense reports and final profit projections for projects, which makes it a suitable replacement for expensive real estate investor accounting software.
Real estate agents and investors can use this feature to evaluate potential investment properties and estimate profit margins.
They can also access a wide range of house flipper tools such as cost estimation, BRRR analysis, flip analysis, and more.
The deal analysis feature calculates key performance indicators, such as net profit, return on investment (ROI), maximum allowable offer (MAO), and internal rate of return (IRR).
This feature allows users to plan, track, and control various aspects of their house flipping and renovation projects.
It works by allowing investors to create a scope of work (SOW) for the renovation, which includes all the repairs and improvements needed on the property.
Agents can also use other tools such as task management, budget tracking, and communication management to effectively manage and streamline their project management processes.
Learn more about these and other features of the tool in the full FlipperForce review.
Plans and Pricing
FlipperForce offers 4 basic plans: the Solo plan, Team plan, Business plan, and Enterprise plan.
The Solo plan includes features such as deal analysis, repair estimation, and project management, and costs $59 per month, or $708 per year.
The Team plan includes all the features of the Solo plan, plus access control and project teams. It costs $149 monthly, or $1,788 annually.
The Business plan includes all the features of the Team plan, as well as unlimited projects and users. This plan costs $349 monthly, or $4,188 yearly.
The Enterprise plan is a customized solution built for large real estate operations who need an out-of-the-box solution. Pricing for this plan is only available on request.
Pros and Cons
- You can easily print reports. You don’t have to export the sheet or file to another app before printing. You can print reports directly from the software.
- Easy to use. The software is relatively easy to use, with many instructional videos available on YouTube.
- Comprehensive features. You get access to different tools that streamline your house flipping process.
- Project management features are hard to navigate. Document storage is limited, which makes it impossible to store all project photos. Also, features like Gantt charts and scheduling are hard to navigate on mobile.
- Complex editing process. Changing data during a flip analysis requires you to go through all the flip analysis questions, even if you only want to change one number.
- There is only one available currency. Unlike other tools that offer estimates in different currencies, this software’s major currency is dollars. Estimates in other currencies are unavailable.
- Google Calendar
- Google Sheets
House Flipping Spreadsheet
House Flipping Spreadsheet offers Excel-based spreadsheet software for analyzing house flipping deals, estimating repairs, and managing projects.
It was developed by Dave Robertson, who also created FlipperForce.
This micro flipping software provides a comprehensive business solution, including a unique data analysis tool to help investors estimate rehab costs and determine the maximum purchase price they should offer.
House Flipping Spreadsheet also provides a suite of project management and real estate financial software to help manage contractors, project tasks, costs, track expenses, and overall profitability.
It allows agents or investors to evaluate the potential profitability of a home flipping project.
It works by analyzing various costs, revenues, and key performance indicators of the property you intend to flip.
This feature enables investors to make informed decisions and optimize house flipping strategies for maximum returns.
You can also generate different reports for pitching potential partners and investors.
The Repair Estimator feature allows users to calculate the estimated costs of repairs and renovations for a house flipping project accurately.
It works by calculating the estimated costs of repairs and renovations for a house flipping project based on the property information you enter.
Rental/Wholesale Analysis & Reporting
The Rental/Wholesale Analysis & Reporting feature allows users to evaluate the potential profitability of rental properties or wholesale deals.
This feature calculates key performance indicators, such as cash flow, cash-on-cash return, and capitalization rate (cap rate).
To learn more about these and other features, read our House Flipping Spreadsheet review.
Plans and Pricing
House Flipping Spreadsheet offers four different pricing plans. These include the Lite plan, the Basic plan, the Pro plan, and the Enterprise plan.
The Lite plan is free and offers access to the flip analysis and repair estimator tools.
The Basic plan costs $127 per user. It includes everything in the Lite plan, plus the rental and wholesale analysis tool.
The Pro plan costs $167 per user and includes everything in the Basic Plan, as well as accounting and house flipping project management software tools.
The Enterprise plan is for businesses. It costs $217 per user and includes everything in the Pro plan, plus business management tools.
Pros and Cons
- Comprehensive property analysis. The House Flipping Spreadsheet software provides detailed estimates of all the costs associated with a flip. It also analyzes profitability by using key performance indicators like the 70% rule, ROI, and IRR.
- Project management tools. House Flipping Spreadsheet is also a house flipping accounting software. Its built-in project scheduler allows users to manage projects day by day.
- Free real estate flipping software. Any newbie investor who is only starting a house flipping business can start assessing deals by using the free version of the software.
- Customizable templates. The software provides customizable templates for budgets, schedules, and other relevant documents. This makes it easy to get started quickly and ensures users work with industry-standard templates.
- Limited customization. While the House Flipping Spreadsheet offers customizable templates, users may be limited in customizing the program to their specific needs.
- Steep learning curve. The software can be complex and challenging to learn, particularly for users new to house flipping. We suggest you first go through some of the industry’s leading house flipping courses to start your real estate investing career from the right foot.
- Google Sheets
Flipster is a real estate rehab software designed to help real estate investors streamline and manage their flipping projects.
One of its key features is its search database, which contains information on 150 million properties nationwide.
It also offers a variety of real estate-related listings, covering everything from distressed homes to MLS leads, out-of-state owners, and cash buyers.
The system has a proprietary rating system called Flipper Score, designed to help investors quickly assess the potential profitability of a real estate deal.
The score is based on a variety of factors related to the property and the deal itself, and is calculated by using a proprietary algorithm.
This feature enables investors to efficiently manage multiple leads and identify high-priority opportunities.
It consolidates data from various sources to provide valuable insights to help investors make informed decisions.
Motivated Seller Sites
Flipster offers tools that enable investors to create professional-looking websites with their own branding and contact information, as well as a lead capture form.
Interested sellers can provide their contact information, property details, and reason for selling through the forms.
This feature helps investors instantly determine real estate deal profitability. It works by using different factors and its proprietary algorithm to analyze real estate properties.
The lead dashboard feature helps real estate investors manage, track, and analyze lead flow throughout the investment process.
In our Flipster review, we expand on these and other features of the tool.
Plans and Pricing
You can get access to all of Flipster’s features, including motivated seller leads, cash buyers, private lenders, deep skip tracing, Flipster comps, and more on its basic plan which costs $97 per month.
This plan also offers:
- a real estate investor lead generation source with up to 10,000 leads per month
- access to the Offer generator
- instant deal analyzer
- virtual assistant services for real estate investors
There’s also a Pro plan that gives you all the Basic plan features, plus:
- access to 25,000 leads
- the Proof of Funds template
- a private funding network
This plan costs $197 per month.
The highest plan is the Prime plan which costs $397 per month. It includes everything on the Pro plan, plus:
- 50,000 leads
- four cash buyer magnet sites
- a motivated seller website template for real estate investors
- access to a private asset-based lending network
- an LLC toolkit
Pros and Cons
- Flipster is available in all 50 states. You can easily use and access this fix and flip software for real estate investors from anywhere within and outside the United States.
- Motivated sellers. You have access to motivated sellers making the flipping process easier. You do not have to waste time on negotiations as sellers are incentivized to sell their home fast.
- Outdated user interface. The platform’s UI is old and hasn’t been updated in a long time.
- Costly. It is one of the most expensive house flipping tools available. Its basic plan costs $97 per month.
- Google Sheets
DealMachine is a powerful real estate investing app that uses innovative technology and targeted marketing to help investors find and connect with potential motivated sellers of various types.
The platform offers a number of features and benefits that make it an excellent tool for anyone looking to grow their real estate investment portfolio.
In addition to its marketing and data analysis features, DealMachine offers a range of tools and resources to help investors manage their investment portfolio.
These include deal analysis templates, real estate calculators, and property management tools.
Driving for Dollars
DealMachine is used primarily for wholesale real estate lead generation by driving for dollars.
By using the driving for dollars app, investors can drive through neighborhoods and identify distressed or neglected properties.
Once these properties are identified, the software allows investors to quickly and easily find the owner’s contact information, and then send personalized real estate wholesaling postcards, yellow letters to distressed homeowners, or other real estate investor direct mail marketing options expressing interest in buying the property.
DealMachine’s skip tracing tool for real estate investors finds accurate and up-to-date contact information for property owners.
Investors and agents can use this feature to track down property owners who may be difficult to reach through traditional methods.
It works by using its network of data sources to search for the most accurate and current contact information for a property owner.
This feature enables investors to set up and manage their marketing efforts from one central location. This includes tasks such as sending direct mail, email marketing, and SMS marketing.
DealMachine’s comps feature automatically gathers data from various sources, such as public records, MLS listings, and other real estate databases.
It then analyzes property characteristics, recent sales, and market trends to present a comprehensive overview of comparable properties.
To learn more about the features of this tool, read our DealMachine review.
Plans and Pricing
DealMachine offers three plans. They include the Starter plan, the Pro plan for small businesses, and the Team plan for large companies.
The Starter plan costs $59 per month and includes features like:
- daily data updates
- lead exports for up to 10,000 leads per month
- Driving for dollars
- MLS & County comps, and more
The Pro plan costs $99 per month and includes everything in the Starter plan. It also includes:
- 50,000 leads
- mail sequences
- custom mail designer
- curbside view of properties from Google Street
- route planning
- access to the DealMachine Masterclass
The Team plan costs $299 per month and includes all the Pro plan features, plus added extras such as:
- driver recruitment tools
- 100,000 exported leads per month (that’s 50k more than our other plans)
- custom pipeline
- 25 custom fields
For list building, you can subscribe to either List Builder or List Builder Pro for $49 and $149 per month, respectively.
The former allows you to manage lists of up to 10,000 leads. List Builder Pro offers management tools for managing up to 50,000 leads.
Pros and Cons
- Mobile version. DealMachine’s driving for dollars app can be accessed through a smartphone. You can find distressed properties, identify owners, and use the in-built direct mail service for real estate investors to send a letter to motivated sellers without coming back to the office.
- An intuitive app. Its app is fast and easy to use. You can get homeowner information within minutes.
- Accurate homeowner information. The homeowner information provided is highly accurate. The accuracy of the information or contacts has been rated positively in multiple reviews.
- Limited deal analysis tools. DealMachine offers an MLS comps tool and driving for dollars capabilities, but it lacks sophisticated features for analyzing deals. It is geared towards generating motivated seller leads to investors rather than analyzing whether those properties would make good investments. Unlike REI/kit, DealMachine doesn’t have a dedicated property flip software.
- Costs add up. While its Starter plan costs just $59 per month, you might have to subscribe to some add-on services like List Builder. Also, direct mail is automated in DealMachine and the more direct mail you send, the higher your costs are.
- Mojo Dialer
Besides being one of the best wholesale real estate software tools, REI/kit is also a solid software for flipping houses.
REI/kit offers a powerful deal analysis functionality. With this tool, users can input data on a potential investment property and get detailed projections of potential returns.
This includes estimated cash flow, cap rate, and internal return rate.
REI/kit also offers users access to tools that streamline the investment process, including deal analysis templates, investment property marketing tools, and property analysis reports.
Rehab Cost Estimator
REI/kit’s rehab cost estimator lets you select from thousands of construction cost items that are regularly updated, including labor and material costs for over 40,000 zip codes.
REI/kit also offers a free ARV calculator for real estate investors to quickly estimate the ARV of their wholesale, flip, or rental real estate based on suggested comparables in the area.
REI/kit’s advanced algorithms and extensive data sources gather and present detailed information about your property, including ownership history, tax records, property characteristics, and market data.
REI/kit’s Omni-Channel CRM for real estate wholesalers and investors allows you to communicate with your prospects and customers by using up to five outbound and three inbound communication channels, including email, phone, SMS, and direct mail.
REI/kit is the only house flipping software that uses standard appraisal adjustment techniques to help you save money on deals.
This means that when you’re trying to determine whether you’re getting a good deal, you can use the same methods as real estate agents to determine what the property is worth.
Their real estate comps come with expert-level detail, including whether the sale was part of a foreclosure process and whether the owner is an LLC.
In our REI/kit review, you can read more about these and other features of the software.
Plans and Pricing
This company offers four basic plans: the Free/Demo plan, the Marketing Starter plan, the Marketing Success plan, and the Marketing Scale plan.
REI/kit offers a standalone house flipping plan for anyone who only needs deal assessment features.
This plan offers:
- 30 analysis and marketing projects per month
- extended comps details (cash sale, REO indicator)
- flipping and BRRRR investment property analysis tools
- property data
- deal marketing PDFs, and more
It costs $44 per month.
The Free or Demo plan includes features such as a sales comparison analysis tool, low fidelity demo Zillow comps, and more.
The Marketing Starter plan costs $64 per month, or $640 per year. It offers:
- 30 analysis projects per month
- professional deal marketing reports
- expert comps
- 1 highly motivated lead type
- 50 motivated seller leads per month
- absentee owner leads
- real estate skip tracing
- 100 text messages
- 1 local phone number, and more
The Marketing Success plan covers and improves on the Marketing Starter plan features. It offers:
- 60 expert analysis projects
- 1 GB document storage
- 8 stackable highly motivated lead types
- 100 motivated seller leads per month
- concierge domain setup help
It costs $104 monthly, or $1,040 annually for up to 3 team members.
The Marketing Scale plan is for high-volume investors and teams of up to 10 people. Users get access to:
- 120 expert analysis projects
- 250 motivated seller leads per month
- 85 advanced lead filters
- all other features on the lower plans
It costs $204 per month, or $2,040 annually.
Pros and Cons
- Best value for house flippers. Their house flipping software is one of the most affordable in the market. It offers investors all the tools they need to analyze any deal and write lender proposals.
- Professional reports. The software allows you to create beautiful custom reports. You can upload your logo and customize the design.
- Great customer service. The company has a responsive and dedicated customer service team. Some customers have noted that the creator of REI/kit sometimes answers customer calls himself and helps them solve issues.
- Full-featured real estate investing software. REI/kit combines all the features real estate investors need into one software. It offers deal analysis tools, as well as lead management and marketing capabilities.
- No project management tools. There are no project management tools to keep track of costs and repair tasks.
- No mobile app. While REI/kit is accessible through any web browser, it does not currently offer a dedicated mobile app. This may be a downside for users who prefer to manage their investments on the go.
Backflip is free real estate flipping software designed to help real estate investors streamline the process of value-add real estate investing.
One of Backflip’s most unique features is its advanced property search functionality. This allows users to narrow down their search by location, price range, property type, and more.
Backflip also offers a proprietary AI-powered renovation planning tool, which uses advanced algorithms to generate detailed renovation plans based on your property’s unique characteristics.
This feature is designed to help you evaluate the potential profitability of your deals.
It provides detailed financial reports and performance projections based on factors such as purchase price, renovation costs, and expected resale value.
Backflip facilitates getting a loan to flip a house. Users can access a range of financing options, including fix-and-flip loans, rental property loans, bridge loans, and new construction loans directly from Backflip Capital.
Automated ARV Comping
Backflip promises to help investors analyze comps 50x faster by automatically calculating the After Repair Value (ARV) of your house flipping project by using details from up to 10 high-quality comps.
Plans and Pricing
Backflip is a free real estate flipping software and marketplace. You do not have to pay to access this software. All you need to do is register/sign up on their website and you are good to go.
Pros and Cons
- Automatic property search and filtering based on user-defined criteria. You don’t have to waste time searching through properties to find the ones that meet your criteria. You can automate the filtering process to meet your search criteria.
- Advanced reporting and analytics. Advanced reporting and analytics features help you track your progress and identify trends.
- Free to use. It’s free software for house flipping, requiring no upfront costs or monthly subscriptions, which is a good option for those only starting a house flipping career.
- Features are limited to certain states. The capital flip feature is only available in a few states.
- New software. Launching in 2021, the company is a new player in the real estate industry. Hence it hasn’t earned enough trust and reputation to be widely adopted by home flippers.
If you are a hand-on house flipper, then besides software, you also need tools for physical examination of a house to assess the cost of necessary repairs. Check out our guide to the home inspection tools.
About the Author
With over 20+ years of experience in real estate investment and renovation, Brian Robbins brings extensive knowledge and innovative solutions to the HouseCashin team. Over the years Brian has been involved in over 300 transactions of income producing properties across the US. Along with his passion for real estate, Brian brings with him a deep understanding of real estate risks and financing.